The Website www.scharlau.com (hereinafter the "Website" or the "Platform") is a Web Page owned by Scharlab S.L (hereinafter "The Company" or "Scharlab"), a Company duly incorporated and existing under the Laws of Spain , with registered office at Calle Gato Pérez, 33. Polígono Industrial Mas d'en Cisa, 08181 Sentmenat, Barcelona (Spain) with company number B-63048540 and the following registration data with the Commercial Registry of Barcelona: Volume 35.261, folio 29, and sheet number B-262703 inscripción 1ª.
The Terms and Conditions of Use of the Platform may be amended by the Company without any specific notice to the User. In this regard it is important that the User verifies the Terms and Conditions regularly.
As User, you agree not to make any false or fraudulent orders using untrue or inaccurate data. If Scharlab detects that any User processes false or fraudulent orders, you acknowledge and agree that Scharlab will be entitled, at its sole discretion, to cancel the order and to inform the relevant authorities about the illegal order placement.
Passwords created by or granted to the User to enable access to our Platform services are the sole responsibility of the User and must be kept in strict and absolute confidentiality assuming, therefore, any damages and consequences of any kind arising from any disclosure or non-authorized use of User's access credentials.
In any case, the User agrees to notify Scharlab immediately of any unauthorized use of your access information, including any possible access by unauthorized third parties thereto.
2.2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The User acknowledge and agree that Scharlab is the rightful owner of all right, title and interest in and associated with the Platform, its contents, and software including any modifications, updates and new versions as well as any trademark, trade name, domain name (
Any use of all the contents of the Website as well as any copy, reproduction, transmission, transformation, permanently downloading or distribution by any means without the explicit permission of Scharlab or, where applicable, of any third party licensor/owner thereof is prohibited.
3. ONLINE PURCHASING
3.1. ONLINE PURCHASING PROCESS
The steps to place an online order are the following:
- Go to any Product page, to which you can access from the navigation menu.
- To order, first locate the product of interest.
- Once you have identified it, click the “Add to Cart” button, located at the right side of the screen.
- To proceed to your order, go to the “Shopping bag”, located at the upper right side, and click “Check cart”.
- Once inside, the products you have chosen will be displayed. If you want to cancel one product, click the “x” placed at the right side. You can also modify the quantity. In case you have a promotional code, you should introduce it in the field “Promotional Code”. Finally, if the order is correct, click “Proceed to checkout”.
- You will be redirected to a form that must be completed with specific personal data in order to formalize the online order. The specific information required to provide is: Client full name, address, zip code, city, province, country, e-mail address and telephone number. If you do not provide all the required information in the order form, we will not be able to process your order and the transaction cannot be completed. Once the form is completed, click “Proceed to checkout”.
If you do not provide all required information in the order form, we won't be able to process your order and the transaction cannot be completed.
Once completed, please click on: "proceed to checkout" and if everything correct click on "finish buy"
- Once there, you should fulfil the fields “Name” and “Telephone number” with the data you want that appears at the personalized metal plate. Once introduced, click “Proceed to checkout”, and you will be redirected to our payment gateway to proceed to payment. Once the online order is place, Scharlau will send a receipt to the e-mail address provided in the order registration form.
All products offered on the Website are subject to availability at the time of the order placement by the subject. In case there are not products in stock, Scharlab reserve the right to provide you with information about other products with similar characteristics and with equal or higher prices. If the user is not interested in other alternative products, Scharlab will proceed with the reimbursement of the amount effectively paid by the User.
Scharlab reserves the right to withdraw any of the products offered through the Website without prior notice and without incurring in any liability to the User or to any third party.
The prices of the products displayed on the Website are valid for the European Union territory. Prices are VAT included. To obtain the prices for non-European Union countries, VAT has to be deducted. For purchases from non-EU countries, transport costs will be always charged, and the quantity will be indicated during the purchasing process.
In case of intra-community purchases made for a business, you can contact us at email@example.com to recover the tax amount paid.
Upon introducing the order in the system, Scharlab will make effective the applicable prices and discounts. Shipping costs are always shown separately and they can be obtained before User's check out. If the total amount of the order including VAT does not exceed EUR 300, a charge for concept of delivery will apply. For more information, please read our Shipping methods.
Products will remain the property of the provider until full payment of the price makes effective. Please note that prices may be subject to change at any time, but such changes won't affect orders with Purchase and Delivery Confirmation.
Scharlau.com accepts credit and debit cards and are Scharlab´s preferred payment methods for fast delivery. Credit cards currently accepted are: Visa, MasterCard, 4B and American Express.
The amount of purchases will be charged to the customer's account upon receipt of confirmation or authorization from the Bank Entity, In case of PayPal or Bank rejects the payment, the order will be cancelled automatically. If you prefer to pay by bank transfer, please send and e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Items will be sent to the shipping address indicated by the User during the online purchase registration. Scharlab will process shipments within the European Union.
8. TIME OF DELIVERY
The approximate time of delivery will be within 5-7 business days, with a maximum of 30 (thirty) calendar days from the date of the processing of the order. In the case of term expiration without receiving the product, the User may cancel the order. If delay is caused by force majeure, while the product is under logistics, Scharlab will inform the client of the situation so that if the client decides to cancel the order. Delivery times are related to the periods of preparation and shipment of the products. Delivery times may vary depending on the destination. Each delivery is considered completed from the moment in which the carrier company makes the product available to the customer.
9. UNDELIVERED PRODUCTS
If by fault or negligence of the User the order cannot be delivered, the User will have a maximum period of 30 (thirty) days from the date of notification to pick up the products at Scharlab's warehouse. If the period of 30 days is lapsed and products are not pick them up, Scharlab will proceed to the cancellation of the Contract and the client will be obliged to pay the incurred transportation costs. Scharlab will reimburse the price effectively paid by the User in a maximum of 30 (thirty) days from the date of the Contract cancellation.
10. PRECAUTIONS AT THE TIME OF DELIVERY
The User, as client and recipient of the products is obliged to check shipments upon arrival, to express observations and submit all claims as appropriate. User may even reject the order if detects the packaging has been opened or shows clear signs of deterioration. These comments or complaints should be reported immediately to Scharlab and to the carrier company.
11. RETURN POLICY
All items purchased in this Website are susceptible to be returned no later than 7 (seven) business days following reception of the goods. The item must be in perfect condition and it must remain in the original packaging.
Return shipping is free. See return instructions in the following link.
12.1. DISCLAIMER APPLICABLE TO THE USE OF THE WEBSITE
Scharlab agrees to undertake all necessary efforts to ensure the availability and continuity of the Website and the content and services on it work properly at all times. Scharlab makes no warranty as to the suitability and content of the Website or any related services to satisfy the specific needs of the user. In any case, Scharlab will act diligently according to accepted industry uses to avoid the presence of viruses or other harmful elements on the Website that may cause alterations in the user's computer system, electronic documents or in their files, but in any case Scharlab cannot guarantee the absence of such elements and therefore it will not be liable for damages that may result thereof.
13. DISCLAIMER APPLICABLE TO ONLINE SHOPPING
Our liability in connection with any product purchased through our Website www.scharlau.com is strictly limited to the purchase price of the product. Scharlab is not liable for any failure or delay in performance of the obligations related to the order delivery caused by events beyond our reasonable control defined as "Force Majeure".
The user will be responsible for:
- All acts that are contrary to the Terms and Conditions herein, to the generally accepted good practices and public order as well as of any act contrary to the indications placed in the Website about the operation and use of the product.
- Once the user receives the order / product will be entirely responsible for the use made thereof. Scharlab is not responsible for any damage that might result from the use or misuse of the product by the client or third parties who have had access to product.
- The accuracy and validity of the personal data provided through any of the forms available in the Website.
- Damages caused by any third party to the User in case of any disclosure of personal data or credentials, for reasons attributable or not to the User.
Claims for damage to products due to transportation must be notified to Scharlab within 24 hours of the products reception. Scharlab will agree with the client the next steps to rectify the problem.
14. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
Interpretation and application of these Terms and Conditions of Use shall be governed by the Spanish Law. For the resolution of any dispute that may arise regarding the content and enforcement of the Terms and Conditions provided herein, the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Barcelona.
15. TERMS OF COMPETITIONS
- Participants must be 18 years of age or over on the date of entry into the competition.
- The competition will start and close on the advertised dates and at the advertised times. The Two Handle Slim Brief giveaway will close on the 1th of December 2016 and the winner will be contacted thereafter.
- The prize draw will be carried out on the advertised date.
- SCHARLAU takes no responsibility for entries which are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within 7 days of any attempted communication, an alternative winner will be chosen.
- SCHARLAU may wish to use the winner’s name for editorial and publicity purposes on the SCHARLAU website or email communications. By entering the competition you agree to all such use.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, SCHARLAU accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or experienced by you as a result of entering the competition or accepting the prize.
- SCHARLAU reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside the control of SCHARLAU.
- The decision of SCHARLAU in relation to any aspect of the competition is final, and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to any such decision.
The homepage pop-up competition will run for 4 months, the winner will be contacted by email.